021. Proving Total Cost Savings
Instructor: Tim Underhill
Monday, March 11, 2019
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Full Course Description:
What is the one thing that every customer is focused on right now.... reducing their operating costs.
Manufacturers and distributors both add value (save the customer money) through the products and services they provide the end-user customer, but being able to show the dollar savings these value added solutions provide is often difficult.
This workshop focuses on developing the skill set for you to demonstrate the total cost savings you provide your customers by:
- Understanding the business case for you to document the savings your solutions provide: Increased Sales, Improved Margins, and Customer Loyalty
- Identifying how your solutions impact your customer’s profitability (how you save them money beyond price)
- Learning how to measure the saving
- Working through three case studies on measuring and reporting savings
- Discussing how to implement a value added documentation initiative within your company
- Reviewing value added savings reports
- Learning how to make Total Cost Savings proposals
But more importantly, we will also work through exercises for identifying the value you add, the costs your solutions impact, how to measure the savings your solutions provide and how/where to get the data for proving your value.
Who Should Attend:
This course focuses on measuring the value you add to customers. Attendees should be those who deal directly with, and provide solutions to, customers, or managers wanting to learn how to get salespeople to demonstrate their value.
1. Tools to help you identify the cost drivers your solutions impact
2. Worksheets for measuring the value your solutions impact
3. Knowledge of how to get the numbers needed to measure your value
Overall Rating: 4.7/5
“Tim was knowledgeable and good at keeping the class’s attention. This class was definitely worth everything we put into it.” – Branch Manager
“Class was very informative and gave me a lot of ideas for the future. Value added has a whole new meaning for me now.” – Branch Manager
“Very good and specific information. It was very helpful to what we do every day. It will help our ultimate goal of improving the bottom line.” – Branch Manager
“Great, structured way to sell added profit to the customer.” – General Manager
“Good basis for cost savings documentation!” – DSM
At the end of each session we asked the attendees to review and rate each course. These reviews are anonymous so we can only provide their job titles. Ratings are based upon the benefit of the course, quality of the course, instructor expertise, ability to communicate and quality of visual aids and are rated on a scale of 1-5.